Sunday, August 31, 2008

I took more than a month off

to deal with some medical issues, some of which I am still dealing with, at this very moment. YIPPEE. And, at the same time, I worked on the re-write of the end of Book 3. I re-wrote the end of Book 3...and re-wrote it, and re-wrote it, and re-wrote it....and today, I re-wrote it one LAST time.

Writing Split Apart was a breeze...it just flew right out of my head, literally, and out onto the screen. Writing Back Together was a little bit more difficult, because I had to try to tie details between the two books together. And, I still had to be consistent.

As I went along, and began to write Book 3, I began to have difficulties in maintaining consistencies in detail. So, I went back, and created several files. One was literally a listing of all the characters...specifically who they were, and how they were related to each other. Another was a file based on Back Together, the second book, with notes on each chapter. Then, another file for Book 3 itself, again chapter by chapter. Although I haven't yet created a file for Split Apart, the first book, I am going to before I get too far into Book 4.

I already have the beginning of Book 4.......so I am going to sleep well tonight, and work tomorrow!!!

No comments: